The Retail Shop Supervisor is responsible for the running and commercial performance of the retail outlet.
• Manages and motivates a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Manages stock levels and makes key decisions about stock control.
• Update sales figures and lodgements on a daily basis.
• Manages cash and bank transactions and keeps cash records accurate and up to date, also to manage all delivery documents and return to Head office on a timely basis.
• Deals with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development.
• Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
• Responds to customer complaints and comments.
• Promotes Polonez by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general.
• Be involved in organising special promotions, displays and events.
• Updates the Operations Manager on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
• Regularly talks to colleagues and customers, to identify and resolve urgent issues.
• Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
• Initiates changes to improve the business to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
• Deals with sales, as and when required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• General Maths skills.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Management Training/Qualification.
• 2-3 years management /retail experience.
• Manual Handing.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current CV